Why People Choose to Work at APD
A few of the reasons our employees decide to work at APD and why they choose to stay:
- Friendly and appreciative atmosphere
- Competitive benefits program through our affiliation with Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Respect for work/life balance and openness to new ideas
- Financial support for continuing education
- Excellent administration and staff relations
- Competitive salary
- Strong community roots and relationships
- Healthy lifestyle in the Upper Valley with four seasons of sports and outdoor activities
Our Unique Community
Our patients tell us that they feel like part of the family when they come here for care. It’s no accident, because at APD, each one of us feels like a member of one big family. Being a small community hospital allows us to have a better patient-to-nurse ratio, which improves the quality of care we offer and provides an excellent working environment for our employees. Our staff turnover is very low, and we have many employees who have worked their entire lives at APD. Loyalty and dedication are part of who we are. These are some of the reasons why our employees stay.
Excellence and New Ideas
At APD, we strive for excellence in all we do, focusing on quality of care, continuous improvement, and best practices. We have invited change in all areas of our health system, which has increased our ability to service our patients while maintaining a quality of work life that can’t be beat. We recognize that in order to do this, we need good people who have worked outside our system to share with us new processes and new ways of doing things. We love to see with new eyes and to bring new experience to our departments.