APD understands that effective leadership requires both adaptive and technical skills. In 2012 we created the APD Leadership Institute to further enhance the depth and breadth of the adaptive, emotional, and social intelligence competencies of our leaders.
The Institute is designed to help APD leaders face the challenge of executing on current activities and adapting those same activities to tackle future opportunities. At the core of our leaders’ responsibilities is managing for cost, quality, and access while also leading APD during a time of significant change in health care. These leadership responsibilities and challenges are the guiding principles for the Leadership Institute curriculum.
The APD Leadership Institute includes classes, workshops, and training opportunities on some of the following topics:
- Performance Management for New Managers
- Identifying, Understanding, and Influencing Patterns
- Crucial and Difficult Conversations
- Overcoming Competing Commitments
- Leading Adaptively
- Influencing Others
- Leading Effective Meetings
- Understanding Generations in the Workplace
- Interview Skills Workshop