APD offers the most comprehensive childbirth education series in the Upper Valley.
Our Certified Childbirth Educator teaches women and their birth partners about what to expect during pregnancy, labor, and birth. We also provide information and advice on how to get support after the baby is born.
The Birthing Center at APD
10 Alice Peck Day Drive
Lebanon, NH 03766
Childbirth education classes at APD are led by Patsy Sirois, RNC-OB, MT, CCE (Certified Childbirth Educator). Our classes are small, typically comprised of 3-11 couples, and are held once a week at the Birthing Center. Classes last six weeks with an optional seventh week for breastfeeding.
- Anatomy and physiology, fetal development, coping with discomforts of pregnancy
- Labor, comfort measures during labor, use of the birthing bed or waterbirth tub
- Birth issues and preferences, relaxation, “birth rehearsal”
- Postpartum: sexuality, dealing with siblings, the newborn, feeding methods
- Safety issues
- Best beginnings for breastfeeding
We advise checking with your insurance provider about cost-reimbursement options.
Patients of Midwifery Services are also offered our Centering Pregnancy program.