At Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, we pride ourselves on our tradition of personalized, comprehensive care for women from puberty through the post-menopausal years. We offer both traditional OB-GYN services and Midwifery Services to suit your needs.
APD will be integrating its obstetrical care with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) effective July 15, 2018. Prenatal and postnatal services will remain on the APD campus in the Multi-Specialty Clinic and all births after July 14, 2018 will take place at the Baby-Friendly® DHMC birthing pavilion. We anticipate that many of our providers will join this integrated service. Please view details in the press release and our FAQs for patients. Please also read this joint message from our President and CEO, Dr. Mooney, and the President and CEO of Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Dr. Conroy, explaining the decision to integrate obstetrical care.
8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Telephone answering service nights and weekends, doctor or midwife on call 24/7
Location and Contact
- Gynecology services
- Gynecologic surgery
- Menopause management
- Urogynecology (bladder incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse)
- Obstetrical services
- On-site Ultrasounds
Our Health Care Team
Through our gynecological and obstetrical services, we promote health and wellness with highly qualified and compassionate OB-GYN physicians who focus on health promotion and disease prevention, and who provide the most effective and least invasive solutions for women’s health and obstetrical care.
Our female physicians are certified in obstetrics and gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Preventative health services
- Well-woman exams
- Evaluation and treatment of infertility
- Treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Medical and surgical management of fibroids and abnormal bleeding
- Surgical sterilization as well as Essure sterilization
- Total laparoscopic supra-cervical hysterectomy
- Abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy
- Minimally invasive procedures for chronic pelvic pain and chronic bleeding
- Hormone therapies and alternative medications to manage menopause symptoms
- Individualized risk assessments for menopausal and post-menopausal heart disease, osteoporosis, and cancer
Urogynecology (Bladder Incontinence, Pelvic Organ Prolapse)
- Evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence
- Medical management for overactive bladder and pelvic organ prolapse
- A wide range of reconstructive surgeries for pelvic relaxation or pelvic organ prolapse
From conception and prenatal care through delivery, our providers work together to help you have a safe and healthy pregnancy. Our physicians will be there to discuss what is going on during your labor regardless of whether you have a normal vaginal delivery or whether you and your baby require a higher level of intervention. Our doctors can provide the level of services you need from emergency cesarean section delivery to a vaginal birth after previous cesarean section (VBAC).
Our Cesarean section rates are lower than state and national averages and we are proud of our low intervention policies.
Your family is welcome to support you through all stages of your pregnancy and delivery and you will have plenty of time to ask your questions and discuss all of your options:
- Traditional vaginal childbirth
- Cesarean section (only if indicated)
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC)