Our staff is always available to help employees find local and regional educational opportunities, such as programs provided by Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Dartmouth College, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, and other accredited sources to allow continuing educational credits for license renewal.
Clinical training opportunities
Our unit-based clinical educator team provides training for clinical staff. Educational programs offered include the following:
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Resources for competency assessment through Clinical Skills for Nursing
- General and specific orientation programs for each department
- Self-learning modules through Elsevier and Clinical Skills for Nursing
- Ongoing on-site competency trainings
- Workforce development trainings through the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Development program
Leadership training opportunities
APD understands that effective leadership requires both adaptive and technical skills. Leaders at APD have access to periodic training to further enhance the depth and breadth of their adaptive, emotional, and social intelligence competencies.
Training offered by Human Resources is designed to help APD leaders face the challenge of executing on current activities and adapting those same activities to tackle future opportunities. At the core of our leaders’ responsibilities is managing for cost, quality, and access while also leading APD during a time of significant change in health care. These leadership responsibilities and challenges are the guiding principles for our training opportunities.
Leadership training includes workshops on the following topics:
- Managing for effective performance
- Crucial and difficult conversations
- Overcoming competing commitments
- Leading adaptively
- Influencing others
- Leading effective meetings
- Understanding generations in the workplace
- Interview skills