The goal of Joint School is to help prepare our patients and their support person for surgery.John Thibodeau Jr. (JT) BSN, RN, Clinical Manager of Orthopedics, Surgical Specialties, and Occupational Health Services at APD
APD orthopaedics offers Joint School to help prepare total joint replacement patients for surgery and post-operative recovery. John Thibodeau (JT) Jr. BSN, RN, is the Clinical Manager of Orthopedics, Surgical Specialties, and Occupational Health Services at the Multi-Specialty Clinic at Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital. JT and his colleagues typically teach joint school in-person for APD surgical patients during non-COVID times. This video is a substitute for in-person school.
Please view and save or print this presentation (PDF) for your personal note-taking needs while watching Joint School.
Joint School teaches patients:
- How to prepare at home, including what to do and what not to do
- About the important Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) phone call
- APD's culture of safety to minimize infection risk, help prevent blood clots, and avoid respiratory complications
- About your surgical timeline of pre-op, operating room, and recovery
- Post-operative pain management and bandaging
- Occupational and physical therapy goals
If you have any questions following the joint school video, Dr. Houde's patients should call (603) 308-0499, and Dr. Lin and Dr. Tomek patients should call (603) 308-0425.
Always review our current visitor policy before coming to campus.