The APD visitor policy has been updated, effective Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
Visitors are permitted for COVID-19 negative patients only.
- Multi-Specialty Clinic patients who are 18 years of age or older are permitted one (1) screened adult visitor.
- Multi-Specialty Clinic patients who are under 18 years of age are permitted two (2) screened adult visitors.
- Medical-Surgical Unit patients are permitted two (2) screened visitors at a time. These visitors may rotate. Family members ages 2 to 18 must be with an adult.
- Emergency Department patients are permitted two (2) screened visitors at a time. These visitors may rotate. Family members ages 2 to 18 must be with an adult.
- Surgical patients are permitted one (1) screened adult visitor for assistance with drop-off and pick-up. Colonoscopy and endoscopy patients may have one (1) screened adult visitor, provided they remain in designated waiting areas.
- Outpatient Radiology or Diagnostic Imaging patients are allowed one (1) screened adult visitor, provided they remain in designated waiting areas.
- >No visitors under 2 years of age are permitted; please make childcare arrangements.
Approved screened visitors can remain in the exam room with the patient, in lobby areas per posted occupancy guidelines as space permits, or they can wait in their vehicle or outside.
Permission for visitors may be granted at the discretion of our clinical care teams under specific and predefined circumstances (e.g., end-of-life).
Please do not eat or drink indoors in public spaces.
- All patients and visitors must wear a medical mask safely while on our campus. Please refer to the APDMH Mask Requirements (PDF). If you don’t have a medical mask, you will be provided with one of ours. Cloth masks, neck gaiters, and bandanas are not permitted.
All visitors must screen negative for COVID-19 symptoms. This means visitors:
- Do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Are not on quarantine due to travel or being around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have not had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 10 days.
Please maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and others to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines
Always dial 9-1-1 in a medical emergency.
* Emergency department visitors must wear a medical mask; masks are strongly suggested for emergency department patients.