This page contains questions and answers about testing for COVID-19. Please visit our COVID-19 Community Testing page for more information.
How do I decide if I should get tested for COVID-19?
Please see the CDC's Symptoms of Coronavirus page for the most up-to-date information, including a symptom-checker and when to seek medical attention.
What are the risks and benefits of getting a test?
- It is possible that you will experience discomfort or other complications that can happen during sample collection (for example, bloody nose during specimen collection).
- It is possible that this test can give a positive result that is wrong (a false-positive result).
- It is possible for this test to give a negative result that is incorrect (false negative).
- The results, along with other information, can help your health care provider make informed recommendations about your care.
- The results of this test may help limit the spread of COVID-19 to your family and others in your community.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Call (603) 442-5665 weekdays to schedule an appointment.
Where do I go if I have a scheduled appointment?
Community Testing Area at Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
Robert A. Mesropian Center Parking Lot
125 Mascoma Street
Lebanon, NH 03766
What do I do when I arrive for my scheduled appointment time?
Please follow directions on the signs and remain in your vehicle with your windows up until you are helped. Please keep your mask on.
How much does the test cost, and what if I don’t have insurance?
The costs of tests are available on the Financial Services page. APD will bill your insurance.
If you are uninsured or do not have full coverage benefits for COVID-19 testing, New Hampshire Medicaid has established a COVID-19 Testing Benefit that may pay for testing and diagnosis of COVID-19 for persons who are not already a Medicaid beneficiary and do not have full coverage for COVID-19 testing and diagnosis. Applications are available a the NH Easy website.
How long does it take to get my test result and how can I get this information?
- Your test result will be available within 48 hours.
- To receive your results, please check your myDH account. If you need to sign up for a myDH account, visit the myDH registration page.
- We will also mail your result via USPS to your address on file.
- Due to heavy call volume, please do not call to find out whether your result is positive or negative. The attendants answering the phone line do not have access to this information.
What if I have other COVID-19 related questions?
Please visit our COVID-19 Vaccine and Information page.
In case of medical emergency, call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility. Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19. You may contact APD Emergency Services by calling (603) 448-7448.
This initiative was financed under a contract with the State of New Hampshire, Department of Health and Human Services, with funds provided in part by the State of New Hampshire and/or such other funding sources as were available or required, for example, the United States Department of Health and Human Services.