COVID-19 Community Testing
APD is pleased to partner with the NH Department of Health and Human Services to provide COVID-19 testing to our community and help limit the spread of infection. A provider referral is not required for testing, however an appointment must be scheduled. Please do not show up for testing without an appointment; call (603) 442-5665 to schedule.
Call to Schedule (603) 442-5665
Appointments are available at 1:00pm (Hours are subject to change, appointments cannot be made more than one week in advance.)
Location Testing Tent at Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
Robert A. Mesropian Center Parking Lot
125 Mascoma Street, Lebanon, NH 03766
Must have a scheduled appointment to be tested.
You need to be a resident within the Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital Service Region as shown on this map, or currently have an APD provider, to participate in this program. If you don't meet these requirements, here are some other locations (PDF) in New Hampshire and Vermont that are offering COVID-19 testing.
Instructions for Arrival
To keep everyone safe, please do the following:
- Follow the instructions on the signs.
- When you arrive, please call (603) 448-3122 and ask for extension 5930 to register.
- Stay in your vehicle the entire time you are here and keep windows shut until you are asked to open them.
- Please properly wear a face mask and follow our visitor's policy.
- No photos or videos are allowed.
- Please note that some dogs have been found to act aggressively or distressed during testing as it may feel uncomfortable to their owner. Therefore, we ask that all dogs, unless it is a service animal or the dog is in a kennel or behind a gated section, be left at home for this quick test as bringing your dog may result in a cancellation of the test .
What to Expect during the Test
This test uses a nasal swab to collect the specimen. A health care provider will insert a 6-inch long swab (similar to a long and thin Q-tip) into the cavity between the nose and mouth (nasopharyngeal swab) for 15 seconds and rotate it several times. The swab is then inserted into a container and sent to a lab for testing.
- The fastest way to view your results is in your myD-H account. Visit myD-H.org to learn more or set up an account.
- We will call you with your test results during the weekday hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Symptomatic patients should please stay quarantined at home while awaiting your test results.
APD will bill your insurance. If you don't have insurance, we'll help you apply for the NH COVID-19 Testing Benefit.
Seek emergency medical care immediately if you have:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
Call 911 in case of medical emergency or call ahead to your local emergency facility. Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
APD Emergency Services (603) 448-7448