The gastroenterology team at APD diagnoses and treats diseases of the stomach, intestine, esophagus, and liver.
- General gastroenterology diagnosis and treatment
- Colonoscopies, please view the preparation instructions
- Upper endoscopies
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Services in Detail
Gastroenterology patients at Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital are seen by appointment, and services are performed in the OR procedure room with a full anesthesiology team.
The following procedures are performed at APD:
- Colonoscopy: A procedure that allows the physician to see inside the colon and rectum to screen for colon cancer and to evaluate conditions such as bleeding, Chrohn’s disease, and many types of colitis.
- Upper Endoscopy: A procedure that allows a direct examination of the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and the duodenum. The procedure is used to diagnose diseases such as celiac disease and to treat ulcers and other problems of the stomach, as well as diseases of the esophagus caused by acid or other problems with swallowing.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): Testing designed to image and treat disorders of the liver, bile duct, and pancreas.