For surgical patients and visitors, we are continuing our current visitor protocols to ensure appropriate patient care.
- One (1) adult visitor for assistance with drop-off and pick-up.
- This visitor may accompany the patient to the perioperative area.
- Visitors are not permitted in PACU or recovery areas.
- One (1) visitor for colonoscopy and endoscopy patients, and they must remain in the designated waiting areas during the procedure and recovery.
To further our mission of improving the health and well-being of our community, our Hospital's east wing has been renovated into a 10-bed short stay surgical unit.
The unit is designed to meet the unique needs of select patients requiring surgical procedures, such as total joint replacements and neurosurgery, who require hospital stays of less than 24 hours. Here, we provide a modernized, efficient environment for patients, caregivers, and staff.
The Surgical Short Stay Unit at APD offers:
- The same patient-centered, high-quality care and services for which APD is known
- Private rooms, each with a bathroom and space for visitors to spend time with the patient before and after surgery
- Meals, refreshments, Wi-Fi services, with convenient parking, and a central location
Your surgeon will work with you to determine whether you meet the identified criteria to recover after surgery in APD’s Short Stay Unit. If your surgeon feels that you are a good candidate, your post-surgery care will be scheduled here by your doctor's office.
Patients with surgical procedures that may be eligible for care at the Short Stay Unit include orthopaedic surgery patients—such as total joints replacements—and select neurospine surgery patients.
Other types of general surgery are also offered at the APD that may be eligible for admission to Surgical Short Stay. Please speak with your health care provider with any questions or call (603) 308-0037.
We look forward to caring for you at APD's Surgical Short Stay Unit.