Please view our updated Visitor Policy during COVID-19.
The DHMC gastroenterology team treats diseases of the stomach, intestine, esophagus, and liver. They perform procedures for patients here at APD. Clinic visits occur at DHMC.
Additional information is available about APD general surgery, colonoscopy, and endoscopy services
Main Entrance of APD Hospital
10 Alice Peck Day Drive
Lebanon, NH 03766
Download the Gastroenterology information sheet (PDF).
- Clinical questions: (603) 650-0610
- Contact for Day of Procedure: (603) 443-9531
Gastroenterologists perform procedures in our operating rooms with a full anesthesiology team.
The following procedures are performed at APD:
- General gastroenterology diagnosis and treatment
- Colonoscopy: A procedure that allows the physician to see inside the colon and rectum to screen for colon cancer and to evaluate conditions such as bleeding, Chrohn’s disease, and many types of colitis
- Upper endoscopy: A procedure that allows a direct examination of the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and the duodenum. The procedure is used to diagnose diseases such as celiac disease and to treat ulcers and other problems of the stomach, as well as diseases of the esophagus caused by acid or other problems with swallowing.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): Testing designed to image and treat disorders of the liver, bile duct, and pancreas