The DHMC gastroenterology team treats diseases of the stomach, intestine, esophagus, and liver. They perform procedures for patients here at APD. Clinic visits occur at DHMC,
Please view APD general surgery, colonoscopy, and endoscopy services here.
(603) 650-0610 Clinical Questions
(603) 443-9531 Contact for Day of Procedure
Medical Staff and Office Contacts
- General gastroenterology diagnosis and treatment
- Upper endoscopies
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Services in Detail
Gastroenterologists perform procedures in our operating rooms with a full anesthesiology team.
The following procedures are performed at APD:
- Colonoscopy: A procedure that allows the physician to see inside the colon and rectum to screen for colon cancer and to evaluate conditions such as bleeding, Chrohn’s disease, and many types of colitis.
- Upper Endoscopy: A procedure that allows a direct examination of the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and the duodenum. The procedure is used to diagnose diseases such as celiac disease and to treat ulcers and other problems of the stomach, as well as diseases of the esophagus caused by acid or other problems with swallowing.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): Testing designed to image and treat disorders of the liver, bile duct, and pancreas.