Always dial 911 in a medical emergency.
Please view our updated Visitor Policy during COVID-19.
When you are sick or injured, you need to see a doctor as quickly as possible. That's why our team of physicians and nurses is dedicated to prompt and competent care when you need it most.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) emergency medicine-trained providers are here to care for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
- Patients typically start receiving medical care within 20 minutes (wait times are average and approximate). Please be advised that wait times for care may be impacted by higher-than-normal demand for emergency care.
- We are conveniently located in Lebanon, 1.5 miles from Interstate 89 exits 18 and 19.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Emergency care features
- Comprehensive care close to home for patients of all ages
- Care coordination through a unified electronic health record
- Accredited senior-friendly emergency department (ED)
- TeleEmergency: Specialized clinical support at the touch of a button
- TelePsychiatry: Psychiatric assessment by a board-certified psychiatrist through videoconference
- TelePharmacy: 24/7 access to experienced acute care pharmacists
Alice's Treasure Chest
We often care for children in our emergency department who may be nervous or frightened. Our nurses have developed a program called Alice’s Treasure Chest to help counter their fears and comfort their concerns. A trip to the treasure chest to pick out a toy gives children a positive distraction and a bit of fun during an unfamiliar situation.
You can help comfort the children of our community too! Donate directly to Alice's Treasure Chest and a child being treated in our Emergency Department will receive a toy. You may donate online or send your new unused toys to our Emergency Department at 10 Alice Peck Day Drive, Lebanon, NH 03766.