Always dial 911 in a medical emergency.
Please view our updated Visitor Policy during COVID-19.
When you are sick or injured, you need to see a doctor as quickly as possible. That's why our team of physicians and nurses is dedicated to prompt and competent care when you need it most.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock emergency-medicine trained providers are here to care for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
- Patients typically start receiving medical care within 20 minutes (wait times are average and approximate). Please be advised that wait times for care may be impacted by higher-than-normal demand for emergency care.
- We are conveniently located in Lebanon, 1.5 miles from Interstate 89 exits 18 and 19.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Emergency care features
- Comprehensive care close to home for patients of all ages
- Care coordination through a unified electronic health record
- Accredited senior-friendly emergency department (ED)
- TeleEmergency: Specialized clinical support at the touch of a button
- TelePsychiatry: Psychiatric assessment by a board-certified psychiatrist through videoconference
- TelePharmacy: 24/7 access to experienced acute care pharmacists
Learn about our emergency department
Alice's Treasure Chest
We often care for children in our emergency department who may be nervous or frightened. Our nurses have developed a program called Alice’s Treasure Chest to help counter their fears and comfort their concerns. A trip to the treasure chest to pick out a toy gives children a positive distraction and a bit of fun during an unfamiliar situation.
You can help comfort the children of our community too! Donate directly to Alice's Treasure Chest and a child being treated in our Emergency Department will receive a toy. You may donate online or send your new unused toys to our Emergency Department at 10 Alice Peck Day Drive, Lebanon, NH 03766.