For surgical patients and visitors, we are continuing our current visitor protocols to ensure appropriate patient care.
- One (1) adult visitor for assistance with drop-off and pick-up.
- This visitor may accompany the patient to the perioperative area.
- Visitors are not permitted in PACU or recovery areas.
- One (1) visitor for colonoscopy and endoscopy patients, and they must remain in the designated waiting areas during the procedure and recovery.
At Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, we offer a full range of surgical services in a setting that is both high-tech and comfortable. We serve a patient population that ranges from pediatric (excluding neonatal) to geriatric. Our facility has 3 state-of-the-art surgical suites equipped for major and minor procedures performed as same-day surgery, and our surgeons are nationally recognized in their fields. In addition to expert care, we provide an environment that enhances wellness and promotes recovery. We take the time to talk to our patients to build trust and understand their individual goals, needs, and desires.
Hours and contact
7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
(603) 448-7401 for Surgical Coordinator
APD Main Hospital Building
APD map (PDF)
- General surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Hand surgery
- Ophthalmologic surgery/retinal
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
Our vision is to provide patients and their families with a positive health care experience and to be vigilant to their individual needs and circumstances. We encourage patients to actively participate in their own care, and we provide the educational tools, information, and ancillary services needed to accomplish this goal.
Our healthcare team
Our staff includes surgeons, anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), dentists, podiatrists, and other health professionals. Our team is committed to providing quality care to patients of all ages in a collaborative practice, and to follow documented standards of care, including:
- ASPAN Standards of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- AORN Association of Operating Room Nurses
- ASA and ASNA Standards for Anesthesia
We offer the following forms of anesthesia:
- Bier block
- Axillary block
- Local Monitored Anesthesia Care