At APD, we believe caring for our community is a special responsibility we are honored to fulfill. In addition to initiatives to deliver affordable care to our uninsured and underinsured patients through our Financial Assistance programs, our department reaches out to area residents of all ages through a wide variety of programs and services.
We work in partnership with local and state agencies (including but not limited to school districts, the New Hampshire Division of Health and Human Services, New Hampshire Oral Health Coalition, the Public Health Council of the Upper Valley, and the Vermont Department of Health) to increase access to medical and oral health services, particularly for the underserved.
We offer free programs and services in response to demonstrated community need. These include but are not limited to:
- Providing no-cost “FitScripts” to adult primary care patients to participate in area recreation and fitness programs for healthy activity.
- Coordinating and offering financial support for Lebanon Lunch Friends summer meals program for low-income children in Lebanon.
- Increasing access to medical and dental care for the underinsured and uninsured.
- Assisting families/individuals with enrollment in New Hampshire Children's Medicaid, Dr. Dynasaur, Medicare Low Income Subsidy, V-Pharm, and other state and federal programs.
- Providing an in-kind donation of space on the APD campus to the Good Neighbor Health Clinic.
- Assisting low-income patients in accessing free medications through prescription assistance programs.
- Hosting and providing administrative support for the monthly Elder Forum networking group.
- Offering subsidized health education programs and meeting space for non-profit groups.
- Purchasing coffee for the Upper Valley Turning Point meetings (20 per week).
- Providing health professionals education to medical, nursing and allied health students.
- Upper Valley Smiles, a free dental health program for school kids providing classroom. education, dental screenings, fluoride varnish, decay-stopping varnish and sealant applications, all at no cost to children enrolled in Lebanon, Enfield, Canaan, Hartford, and the Hartland elementary schools.