Always dial 911 in a medical emergency.
Please view our updated Visitor Policy during COVID-19.
When you are sick or injured, you need to be seen as quickly as possible
That's why our team of physicians and nurses is dedicated to prompt and competent care when you need it most. As of April 2021, our emergency department is staffed by board-certified emergency-medicine providers from Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Patients and the community benefit from board-certified providers at APD. It enables us to manage more acute cases in our small, intimate setting that affords short wait times, convenient parking, and easy hospital access.
What you can expect from emergency care at APD
- Local 24-hour access to highly trained emergency physicians and nurses, located just four miles from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Comprehensive care close to home
- Improved continuity of care through a unified electronic health record
- Telehealth services from DHMC, including psychiatric assessment by board certified psychiatrists
- Emergency services specifically designed for geriatric patients thanks to our partnership with Dartmouth-Hitchcock and West Health.
- Patients typically start receiving medical care within 20 minutes (wait times are average and approximate). Please be advised that wait times for care may be impacted by higher-than-normal demand for emergency care.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.