Wayne E. Moschetti, MD, MS
After completing my residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, obtaining a Masters of Science from The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, and completing a one-year fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery/Total Joint Arthroplasty at Harvard's Brigham and Women's hospital in Boston, MA, I returned to Dartmouth-Hitchcock in 2014.
I was drawn back by its underlying core values and culture, where a strong emphasis on patient reported outcomes and shared decision making places the patient at the epicenter of their medical care.
My interests and clinical practice includes primary knee and hip arthroplasty, with an emphasis on the direct anterior approach, partial knee replacements, uncemented knee replacement, patient-specific technology, revision hip and knee arthroplasty, complex acetabular reconstruction, periprosthetic fracture management, periprosthetic infections, knee fusions, and general orthopaedic trauma.
By using proven treatment methods and listening to the individual needs of my patients, I am able to provide compassionate and comprehensive care to each and every patient. My goal is to build long-term, lasting relationships with my patients, and to treat every patient as if they are part of my family.
I have published on many research topics including patient-reported outcomes, total joint replacement in the elderly, prosthetic joint infections, cost-effective orthopaedic care and determining value in joint replacement. I have also written the book Get Hip with one of my former patients to help patients prepare for and recovery from hip replacement.Orthopaedics at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
The Department of Orthopaedics wants to improve your quality of life and get you back to doing the things you enjoy most. Our team includes specialists in every area of orthopaedic medicine including:
- Foot / Ankle Surgery
- Hand / Wrist Surgery
- Joint Replacement for Hip and Knee Arthritis
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Shoulder / Elbow Surgery
- Spine Surgery / Back Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma / Fracture Care
We work with you and your family to determine the best surgical or non-surgical treatment approach for you. Our goal is to provide the best results and help you achieve your goals.
Where to find me
Wayne E. Moschetti, MD, MS
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth
Areas of focus
- Surgery appointments at Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
- Clinic and surgery appointments at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Robotic joint replacement
- Primary hip and knee replacement with an emphasis on the anterior approach
- Partial knee replacements
- Revision hip and knee replacement
- Complex acetabular reconstruction
- Periprosthetic fracture management
- Joint infections
- Knee fusions
- General orthopaedic trauma
- Geisel School of Medicine profile
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2007
- MS, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Lebanon, NH, 2011
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, 2013
- Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2014
- Orthopaedic Surgery