Timothy J. Lin, MD, MS
I pursued a career in orthopaedic surgery because I wanted to help restore function and quality of life for my patients, and to reduce their pain in a tangible way, while being able to work with patients of all ages.
I strive to help each patient achieve their goals through careful evaluation and patient-centered treatment options. Since every patient has different concerns, goals and needs, I discuss each available treatment for their particular condition, from conservative non-operative options to surgical options. I also provide patients with research data and clear information about what they can expect from their treatment. It’s important that patients feel well-informed so that they can choose the treatment that best meets their personal goals so that they will ultimately be happy with their choice.
Whenever possible, I include a patient’s family members and friends in these conversations as they provide a wonderful opportunity to help support the patient, gather information, ask good questions and help choose treatments.
As an active recreational athlete, I can relate to loss of function being a life-altering experience for patients. That’s why my goal is always to get patients back to doing whatever it is that they strive for, whether in athletics, hobbies, lifestyle, or work.Orthopaedics at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
The Department of Orthopaedics wants to improve your quality of life and get you back to doing the things you enjoy most. Our team includes specialists in every area of orthopaedic medicine including:
- Foot / Ankle Surgery
- Hand / Wrist Surgery
- Joint Replacement for Hip and Knee Arthritis
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Shoulder / Elbow Surgery
- Spine Surgery / Back Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma / Fracture Care
We work with you and your family to determine the best surgical or non-surgical treatment approach for you. Our goal is to provide the best results and help you achieve your goals.
Where to find me
Timothy J. Lin, MD, MS
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, 2010
- MS, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Lebanon, NH, 2014
- General Surgery, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, 2011
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, 2016
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy, Taos Orthopaedic Institute, Taos, NM, 2017
- Orthopaedic Surgery, 2019
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2021