Tarrah Sweatt always wanted to work in an operating room, and now she does after APD sponsored her attendance in a Certified Surgical Technician program.
John Thibodeau Jr. started his career at APD in medical records at age 16 and, with help from APD mentors and workplace flexibility, now has his dream job as Multi-Specialty Clinic Level 1 Nurse Manager.
After working more than 25 years as a paramedic and the last few years as an emergency department nurse, Andy White, RN is APD’s first Periop 101 graduate. APD’s in-house program is based on protocols and guidelines from the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN).
No matter what department you choose, Alice Peck Day is committed to the growth and development of employees. We offer onsite educational opportunities and community partnerships with local schools, colleges, and vocational programs.
Our unit-based clinical education team provides training, support, and guidance for clinical staff. Opportunities include:
- Life support certifications onsite at no cost to staff: BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Mobile simulation experience for scenario-based learning
- Interdisciplinary unit-based practice council
- Specialized department training, including prep work toward certification
- Practice-specialized orientation for healthcare professionals transitioning from long-term care to acute care
- Partnership with local high schools, vocational technology programs, and colleges to offer job shadowing and internships
- Sponsorship into entry level clinical healthcare positions through the Workforce Readiness Institute
RN and LPN Residency
Alice Peck Day is committed to supporting the growth of new nurses entering the workforce. Our residency program provides tools and support as newly graduated Registered Nurses and LPNs transition from school to direct patient care. Dedicated education days, skill development, and guided preceptorship make it easier for graduates to transition and prepare them for a successful start to their careers.
RN Education Loan Repayment Program
Alice Peck Day is pleased to offer a RN Education Loan Repayment Program. This program provides eligible APD registered nurses maximum total payments of $20,000 over the course of four years to a loan agency for outstanding student loan balance(s). The program is available to current and newly hired full-time or half-time benefits-eligible RNs with outstanding qualifying student loan(s).
Effective leadership requires adaptive and technical skills. Emerging and current leaders at APD have access to training through Dartmouth Health to enhance the depth and breadth of their adaptive, emotional, and social intelligence competencies.