Tarrah Sweatt always wanted to work in an operating room, and now she does after APD sponsored her attendance in a Certified Surgical Technician program.
John Thibodeau Jr. started his career at APD in medical records at age 16 and, with help from APD mentors and workplace flexibility, now has his dream job as Multi-Specialty Clinic Level 1 Nurse Manager.
No matter what department you choose, Alice Peck Day is committed to the growth and development of employees. We offer onsite educational opportunities and community partnerships with local schools and colleges.
Our unit-based clinical education team provides training, support, and guidance for clinical staff. Opportunities include:
- Lifesaving certifications onsite at no cost to staff: BLS, ACLS, PALS.
- Mobile simulation experience for scenario-based learning.
- Interdisciplinary unit-based practice council.
- Nurses improving care for health system elders (NICHE) program.
- Transition to Practice specialized orientation for healthcare professionals transitioning from long-term care setting to acute care setting.
- Professional development with continuing education credit: preceptor training, charge nurse training, departmental specialty certification.
- Partnership with local high schools and vocational technology programs to offer job shadowing and internships.
- Sponsorship into entry level clinical healthcare positions through the Workforce Readiness Institute.
RN and LPN Residency
APD offers a 12-month personalized learning plan tailored to provide unique onboarding experience. The residency includes:
- 3 months of clinical orientation with preceptor guidance and dedicated education days for case studies, mobile simulation, and interactive skills.
- 9 months of transition-to-practice with preceptor support, dedicated classroom education with simulation, pathology, pharmacology, and APD-specific scenario training integrated with policies and EMR.
- Quality improvement project with a team focus to achieve Yellow Belt certification by the end of residency.
RN Education Loan Repayment Program
Alice Peck Day is pleased to offer a RN Education Loan Repayment Program. This program provides eligible APD registered nurses maximum total payments of $20,000 over the course of four years to a loan agency for outstanding student loan balance(s). The program is available to current and newly hired full-time or half-time benefits-eligible RNs with outstanding qualifying student loan(s).
Effective leadership requires adaptive and technical skills. Emerging and current leaders at APD have access to training through Dartmouth Health to enhance the depth and breadth of their adaptive, emotional, and social intelligence competencies.