APD Orthopaedics offers Joint School to help prepare total joint replacement patients for surgery and post-operative recovery. John Thibodeau (JT) Jr. BSN, RN, is the Clinical Manager of Orthopaedics, Surgical Specialties, and Occupational Health Services at the Multi-Specialty Clinic at Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital. JT and his colleagues teach joint school in-person for APD surgical patients during non-COVID times. These videos are a substitute for in-person school and offer the ease and convenience of viewing on your own time and at your own pace.
Hip & Knee Joint School
Shoulder Joint School
"The goal of Joint School is to help prepare our patients and their support person for surgery." - John Thibodeau Jr. (JT) BSN, RN, Clinical Manager of Orthopedics, Surgical Specialties, and Occupational Health Services at APD
Please view and save or print the school presentation slides:
Joint School teaches patients:
- How to prepare at home, including what to do and what not to do
- About the important Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) phone call
- APD's culture of safety to minimize infection risk, help prevent blood clots, and avoid respiratory complications
- About your surgical timeline of pre-op, operating room, and recovery
- Post-operative pain management and bandaging
- Occupational and physical therapy goals
Dr. Houde's patients call (603) 308-0449.
Dr. Lin's and Dr. Tomek's patients call (603) 308-0425.
Please remember to review our current visitor policy before coming to campus.